Shower Tech Showdown: Smart Showers vs Digital Showers
If you are looking to transform your bathroom into a peaceful oasis then you have a few options. You can convert your traditional shower into a smart shower, or give it an upgrade to a digital shower.
Which is the better option between smart showers vs digital showers? That’s not easy to say since it depends on a few factors.
The key is understanding the differences between a smart shower and a digital shower so you can understand which is going to best solve your problem.
They seem similar but when you do a deep dive you will see that one might be a better option over the other.
In this article, we will go over what the major differences are and give you all the information that you need to make an informed decision. By the end of the article, you’ll know the differences between smart showers and digital showers and be able to shop with peace of mind.
What is a smart shower?
First, let’s define what we mean by “smart” and “digital” showers. A smart shower is one that can be controlled and monitored remotely using a smartphone or other connected device. This means you can start your shower from bed, adjust the temperature, and even turn it off remotely. Smart showers also often come with built-in water conservation features, such as flow sensors and automatic shut-off.
- BLUETOOTH ENABLED SMART SHOWERHEAD, PERSONALIZED LED ALERTS: The world’s…
- ENJOY BETTER PRESSURE, MULTIPLE SPRAY SETTINGS & 6 COLORS: Our specially…
- SAVE WATER, SAVE MONEY: hai shower heads help you track your water and…
- INSTALL IT YOURSELF IN UNDER 5 MIN: See our video for step by step…
- BUILT TO LAST A LIFETIME, 2 YEAR HAI WARRANTY : Constructed with durable,…
What is a digital shower?
Digital showers, on the other hand, are controlled by a digital interface rather than traditional knobs or levers. This allows for precise temperature control, as well as the ability to program and save your preferred settings. Many digital showers also come with built-in safety features, such as automatic shut-off in the event of a water leak.
Now that we know the basics of what sets smart and digital showers apart, let’s take a closer look at the features and benefits of each.
- Shower Faucet Set with Display Valve: This digital shower head trim is…
- NOTE: The two connection ports in the shower valve need to be connected by…
- Surface Finish: The digital shower system adopts polished chrome finished,…
- Enjoy A Clean Shower: The shower head of this display valve shower fixtures…
- Safe to Use: This digital shower faucet valve set has a built-in cUPC…
Benefits of a smart shower
One of the biggest benefits of smart showers is the convenience of being able to control your shower remotely. Imagine being able to start your shower before you even get out of bed in the morning, or adjusting the temperature or pressure while you’re still in the shower.
Smart showers also often come with built-in water conservation features, such as flow sensors and automatic shut-off. This not only helps to conserve water, but can also save you money on your water bill.
Since it works through wifi, you can also connect it to Alexa or another voice activated device so you can make adjustments while you are in the shower using your voice commands.
Here’s a list of the benefits in a nutshell:
- Convenience of remote control and monitoring
- Built-in water conservation features such as flow sensors and automatic shut-off
- Can help save on water and energy bills
- Can be integrated with other smart home devices
- Can preheat the water before you get in the shower
- Can turn off the shower remotely
- Allows for multiple users with personalized settings
- Can enhance overall shower experience.
- Sleek and modern design
- Can be controlled by voice commands
- Can monitor water usage and leak detection
Benefits of a digital shower
Digital showers, on the other hand, offer a level of precision and customization that traditional shower systems just can’t match. You have the option to use any type of shower head you like such as a rain shower head.
With precise temperature control and the ability to program and save your preferred settings, digital showers allow you to create the perfect shower experience every time. And with built-in safety features like automatic shut-off in the event of a water leak, you can feel secure knowing that your digital shower is looking out for you.
Here are some of the benefits of a digital shower in a nutshell:
- Precise temperature control
- Ability to program and save preferred settings
- Built-in safety features such as automatic shut-off in the event of a water leak
- Increased customization and flexibility
- Easy to use digital interface
- Can be integrated with other smart home devices
- Can save water and energy over time
- Sleek and modern design
- Can enhance overall shower experience
What are the costs?
One of the biggest factors that will help you decide between a smart shower and digital shower will no doubt be the cost. It will cost more for a smart shower, but you get more features.
It’s up to you to decide if the extra features are worth the extra cost.
Check out how they measure up below:
Smart shower costs
When it comes to costs and installation, both smart and digital showers can be expensive and may require professional installation. Smart shower systems often require a separate control unit, which can add to the cost. Also, both types of systems may require additional plumbing and electrical work to be installed properly.
The cost of installing a smart shower can vary depending on a number of factors such as the specific system you choose, the complexity of the installation, and the cost of labor in your area. However, on average, you can expect to pay between $1,000 and $3,000 for a smart shower system, including installation.
The ongoing costs of a smart shower will depend on the specific system you choose, but generally, they are relatively low. The main ongoing cost will be the cost of electricity to power the system and the cost of replacing any batteries or sensors over time. Some smart shower systems may also require a subscription fee to access certain features or to receive software updates.
Digital shower costs
When it comes to installing a digital shower, the cost can vary depending on a few things like the specific system you pick, how complicated the installation is and the cost of labor in your area. But, on average, you can expect to pay between $500 and $2,500 for a digital shower system including the installation.
As for the ongoing costs, it depends on the system you choose, but generally, they’re pretty low. The main costs will be electricity to power the system and any batteries or sensors that need replacing over time.
In conclusion, smart and digital showers offer a level of convenience and customization that traditional shower systems just can’t match. Whether you’re looking for the convenience of remote control, or the precision and customization of a digital shower, there’s a system out there that’s right for you.
Just make sure to do your research and budget accordingly, as both types of systems can be costly and may require professional installation. If you’re interested in learning more about smart and digital shower systems, there are plenty of resources available online to help you make an informed decision.
- The Great Debate: Dual Shower Heads vs Single - March 13, 2023
- Two Heads Better Than One: Are His and Hers Showers Worth It? - March 9, 2023
- Up Your Shower Game: 7 High-Pressure Shower Head Benefits - March 8, 2023